Invest in SGF via the ASX
What is an mFund?
An mFund product is an unlisted managed fund admitted for settlement under the ASX Operating Rules and available to investors through the mFund Settlement Service. The ASX rule framework supports the mFund Settlement Service by ensuring all parties, including stockbrokers, product issuers and unit registrars, are accountable for their roles and responsibilities. This rule framework underpins the high level of standards expected of services delivered by ASX.
What is the mFund Settlement Service?
The mFund Settlement Service enables you to buy and sell units in the Strategic Global Fund through a process similar to buying and selling shares.
You can easily buy (apply for) and sell (redeem) units in SGF via a participating broker and the transactions are settled using CHESS, ASX’s world-class electronic settlement system. Your holdings in these funds are held electronically and can be linked to the same Holder Identification Number (HIN) used to hold other investments transacted through ASX.
This means you can track your investments in SGF using the same systems you use for shares and other securities. So now it’s faster and more convenient than ever before to diversify your portfolio.
Benefits of investing through the mFund Settlement Service
- Access to SGF through a participating stockbroker or adviser relationship.
- Easier transaction and administration of your investment in SGF.
- Ability to use an existing stockbroking account to access the SGF mFund.
- More-timely access to a wider range of information about the SGF mFund, including unit prices and related announcements.
- Same high level of settlement certainty investors enjoy with shares.
The investment process for investing in SGF via the ASX is simple and involves three steps
Read the relevant fund Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for the chosen unlisted managed fund and the accompanying Additional Information book including other relevant managed fund summaries and reports.
Alternatively, you may request a paper copy be mailed to you by contacting us.
Contact a participating broker, which can be either a full service or online broker. Click here to see the list of available brokers on the mFund website. (http://www.asx.com.au/mfund/brokers.htm)
Instruct your broker with a buy or sell order and make payment for new units in SGF (ASX code: STR01).
Once your transaction is complete an mFund confirmation and CHESS statement will be sent to you.
By using CHESS, orders for units are sent electronically, this enables progress of orders to be monitored, and at settlement for unit balances to be recorded on your HIN alongside other investments; providing greater transparency over your holdings.
If you have any questions relating to the application process, please contact the SGF Unit Registrar on + 61 2 8188 1510
Find out more about ASX mFunds
- How to invest in mFunds (http://www.asx.com.au/mfund/mfund-buying-selling.htm)
- Find an mFund broker (http://www.asx.com.au/mfund/foundation-members.htm#tabs-218)
- mFund brochure (http://www.asx.com.au/documents/about/mfund_retail_brochure.pdf)
- mFund FAQs (http://www.asx.com.au/mfund/frequently-asked-questions.htm)